Single-stage direct drive air compressors
Why choose an ELGi's oil-free single-stage single phase direct-drive piston air compressor 1-4 HP?
- Plug and play system
- Unique suction through crankcase design
- Rocking piston arrangement for low vibration
- Motor provided with in-built overload protection
- Internally coated air receiver for corrosion resistance
- Models offered with and without desiccant driers
- Energy efficient: Since the crankshaft is directly connected to the motor, there is no need to replace the conventional belt drive. As a result, the loss in energy due to the transmission is eradicated.
- Minimum maintenance costs: Direct drive air compressors have fewer components than belt drive compressors. This is why they do not require as many part replacements resulting from wear-and-tear.
- Less noise: Elimination of belts and pulleys makes the direct drive operate quietly as compared to its belt drive counterpart. This is why they are generally better for environments where noise emissions have to be kept low, such as indoors or residential neighbourhoods.
- Compact: As the drive and driven are integrated, the compact arrangement of the machine is an added advantage.
4 HP models are twin systems (2 x 2 HP versions) with an in-built delay timer to switch on the second unit after a few seconds from the start of the first unit Product available in 45L and 100L variants
What applications is an oil-free direct drive air compressor suitable for?
- Oxygen/Nitrogen generations plants and laboratories
- Dental chairs
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Food processing and packaging
- Electronics production
- Ozone generation
- Printing equipment
- Research facilities
- Applications that are zero tolerant to oil in compressed air